Review of IT Operations
Location: New York, NY
Client: Thornton Tomasetti
Thornton Tomasetti is a multidisciplinary engineering firm with 20 offices across the U.S. and eight international offices. Working closely with Thornton Tomasetti senior management, Vantage performed a high level review of Thornton Tomasetti’s existing IT operations and made recommendations regarding those areas to provide operational improvements, cost efficiencies and organizational clarity.
Major areas addressed included:
- Existing deployment of technology systems and office connections with a view to standardization and integration of systems to improve performance, reduce costs and/or provide additional value-added services. These systems included telephone, data network, computing hardware and the types of financial, administrative and technical software currently in use.
- Staffing to support IT systems,
- Advice on company-wide backup plan
- Advice on the need for a company-wide IT support program.
- Review of technology budgets and spending.
- Strategic Planning
- Facilitated Workshops and Visioning Sessions
- Operations and Organizational Development
- System Assessment & Planning
- Financial Modeling and Assessment
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Planning
- Wide Area Networks
- Data Networking
- Information Technology Systems
- Telephone Systems
- Unified Communications